4.08.2012

TREND REPORT: THE RING FINGER NAIL POLISH TREND

Many stars like Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and Miley Cyrus have been spotted rocking the 'ring finger nail trend' on the red carpet. Basically, the ring finger nail trend is when you paint your ring finger a different nail color than the rest of your nails. I don't really know the real reason why people are starting to do this, but my interpretation of it is that maybe since the ring finger has a different nail color, people tend to look at it more and it 'emphasizes' your ring. Which I think is a really cool idea. My sister and I decided to try it out, so we bought a few bottles of nail polish and... tried it out.  She got a pink shade for her ring finger and a bright yellow shade for the rest of her nails. As for me, I used the same pink my sister used on my ring finger and a kind of teal shade for the rest of my nails.


Star seen rocking the trend:


JESSICA LOWNDES
VANESSA HUDGENS
-Jessica Lowndes and Vanessa Hudgens photos courtesy of Cosmopolitan.com-


I applied only a coat on each nail. Both nailpolishes are from Caronia. For a local brand, they are pretty pigmented nail polishes, especially the teal one, which is called 'On The Go' and the pink one is called 'Baby Pink'. Both nail polishes have no shimmer. Visit Caronia here

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this trend!!! I love the colors you chose!! I tried it myself!!!!!! RING FINGER NAIL NEON & BLUE <3
    What do you think of mine??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment! I checked yours out - I love the combination of blue and yellow. And I love your style! I do hope you come back and visit again soon.
    http://isabellaroxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete